Surf Camp Counselor
Narragansett, United States
Now Hiring Surf Camp Counselors for Summer 2021
Are you an energetic, positive, and self-motivated individual who is passionate about the ocean and dedicated to the surfing lifestyle?
Below is everything you need to start your journey towards becoming a Warm Winds Surf Camp Counselor.
- Lead and supervise campers throughout itinerary and activities
- Provide high quality and safe surf instruction to a wide range of learners
- Explain and demonstrate proper surf techniques and equipment care
- Prepare campers for a safe and successful surfing experience by providing thorough introductions and assistance
- Ensure all safety rules and protocols are followed
- Oversee camper participation and interaction
- Assist operations staff with accurate tracking of camp equipment
- Help with set up and break down before and after surf camp
- Multiple years of surfing experience; with preferred experience in giving instruction
- Knowledge of basic ocean science and conservation - tides, weather conditions, etc...
- Strong communication, leadership and people skills
- Preferred experience working with children
- Ability to meet physical demands
- First-aid and CPR certification encouraged
- Must perform well in a high pressure, fast pace atmosphere
- Expected to work weekends and some holidays
- Enthusiasm and passion for surfing and sharing the stoke!